The appointment this month was very routine. I went to see the doctor on Thursday, 2/14 for a brief visit. My midsection measured the right amount of inches, and it is readily apparent to anyone approaching me from the front or side that I am indeed 5 1/2 months pregnant. The little guy's heart rate was around 140 bpm, and the doc commented that he must be in there running around or doing his exercises, but that everything was ok. I can feel him wriggling around pretty often now. A few weeks ago I could only feel him wiggling occasionally, especially when I laid down for bed. He learned how to kick around the 9th or so, but he doesn't kick too hard or too often (yet). Mostly he wiggles and rearranges his position without kicking too hard. He likes to push his head (I think) out on my right side - to the point where you can clearly see a small bulge. This really cracks us up.
A few days ago we toured the birthing area of the hospital, and we are now signed up for all the classes: birthing class, info from the anesthesiologist, baby care 101, breastfeeding, and infant & child CPR. Classes will be in April and May.
Next month's appointment is scheduled for March 21st. (I probably won't have anything to post until after that appointment.)
No comments:
Post a Comment